C1S and C2S

« Back to Glossary Index

A printing industry acronym for “coated one side” or “coated two sides.” These terms refer to coatings applied to paper by the paper manufacturer (usually between .008″ and .018″ thickness), and are applied to the paper before your printer receives the paper and prints on it. Thus, it is not to be confused with various coatings your printer may apply after the printing process, such as UV or aqueous coatings, varnishes or laminates.