Gripper Edge

« Back to Glossary Index

The edge of a sheet held by grippers on a sheetfed press, thus going first through the press. Also, the front edge of a lithographic or wraparound plate secured to the front clamp of a plate cylinderSometimes called a feeding edge and leading edge.