« Back to Glossary Index

A specialized measuring instrument used by the printing industry to measure the “tack” (adhesiveness) of an ink with the roller system of an offset press. Inks with too much tack can cause the surface of the paper to pick off and interfere with transfer on subsequent printing units and copies.