Job Title: Machine Operator in Insert and Mailing
Department: Insert and Mailing
Reports To: Insert and Mailing Manager
Shift: Day and Night Shift, Full Time positions available
Contact: Call: 507-836-6540 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insert and Mailing Machine Operators are individuals skilled at various machines and equipment used in preparing newspapers, binding books, periodicals and pamphlets, and assembling related printed materials. They work as part of the team that packages and prepares Page 1 Printer’s products to be delivered/mailed to our customers. WE WILL TRAIN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Places inserts into newspapers and various publications by using inserting machine or by hand.
- Collects newspapers and various publications depending on mail type and use of finished product.
- Places signatures into pockets or picking up finished product on saddle-stitcher.
- Operates a 3-knife trimmer to trim glued spine books to final size and stacking and bundling in appropriate sizes based on the information on the press report.
- Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets/carts or bags as it accumulates on delivery table of machines.
- Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect binding, ink spots, torn, loose, or uneven pages.
- Records daily production and department check lists.
- Cleans work area around machine.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions in English, and write simple correspondence in English to other employees of the organization.
Refer to Machine Operator position when applying.
- Competitive Wages based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability, HSA.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities to grow – We love to promote within and have excellent training available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact – The job you do will be giving back to the communities where you work and live.
Apply today at page1printers.com/careers to find out more about this exciting opportunity at Page 1 Printers!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)