Job Title: Prepress Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Shift: Day Shift, Full Time position available
Contact: Call: 507-836-6540 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for managing and supervising the Pre-Press department employees. Maintain smooth operation of procedures and workflow in a timely and accurate manner for the entire department. Perform reviews for department employees on a timely basis.
Knowledge understanding of printing theory, including impositions, trapping, overprinting, resolution DPI, dot/press gain, paper characteristics, pagination, shingling (creep), color space and color theory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives a culture of safety and quality first.
- Strong Color knowledge-specifically as applies to Curve creation and manipulation.
- Execution of color management for offset printing and proofing systems.
- Identifying and leading the development and implementation of Prepress workflow process improvements and automation.
- Conduct weekly department meetings.
- Responsible for devising tracking system of daily work orders in correlation with production schedule and on time delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Interacts with other departments.
- Read and accurately interpret production orders and printing specifications to process files.
- Prepares layouts according to exact work ticket specifications using the proper systems, processes and software programs.
- Review electronic files that are received from clients, impose as needed and send to computer to plate to output device. Looks over all the files before plating.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Quark X press, PDF workflow essential and Microsoft Office.
- Pre-flight PDF files according to printing standards of files to prepare them for print and digital reproduction.
- Interact with customer service, external customers and other business leaders regarding the status of jobs and problem-solving scenarios.
- Answer phone calls when asked to help by others.
- Maintain consistent communications of project details and scheduled job status with other managers and customer service.
- Maintain an updated schedule of jobs for both the web and sheet fed presses.
- Navigate our digital network with different servers and workstations.
- Communicate with customers regarding any problems, questions, concerns regarding electronic file issues. Communicate (verbal and written) with, customer service, customers vendors, and the technical personnel.
- Maintains customer files. Properly names files and moves merged/old files to the correct account folders.
- Observe peripheral equipment and error messages displayed on monitor of terminal to detect faulty output or machine stoppage.
- Load peripheral equipment with selected materials.
- Enters commands to correct error or stoppage and resume operations.
- Notifies supervisor of errors or equipment stoppage and resume operations.
- Clears equipment at end of operation run and reviews schedule to determine next assignment.
- Records problems which occurred, such as down time, and actions taken.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and /or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school; or six months to one year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills : To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Internet Explorer software, Mac software, Creative Cloud, ability to create and edit PDF’s. Preferred knowledge of Kodak Insite, Kodak Preps, Kodak Prinergy, Kodak Colorflow, EFI Monarch Productivity Suite and Printflow.
Refer to Prepress Manager position when applying.
- Competitive Wages based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability, HSA.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities to grow – We love to promote within and have excellent training available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact – The job you do will be giving back to the communities where you work and live.
Apply today at page1printers.com/careers to find out more about this exciting opportunity at Page 1 Printers!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)