Job Title: Prepress Tech
Reports To: Prepress Manager
Shift: Day Shift, Full Time position available
Contact: Call: 507-836-6540 or Email: email@example.com
Knowledge understanding of basic printing theory, including impositions, trapping, overprinting, resolution DPI, dot/press gain, paper characteristics, pagination, shingling (creep), color space and color theory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Quark X press, PDF workflow essential and Microsoft Office.
- Pre-flight PDF files according to printing standards of files to prepare them for print and digital reproduction.
- Interact with customer service, external customers and other business leaders regarding the status of jobs and problem-solving scenarios.
- Answer phone calls when asked to help by others.
- Read and accurately interpret production orders and printing specifications to process files.
- Maintain consistent communications of project details and scheduled job status with manager and customer service.
- Maintain an updated schedule of jobs for both the web and sheet fed presses.
- Pre-press personnel are required to develop and maintain a working knowledge of software and RIP (Raster Image Processor) technology relating to the output of all proofs and plates.
High School Education or equivalent required. 2-3 years of Pre-Press experience and Platemaking or vocational/technical degree is preferred. Ability to read and interpret documents such as: press layouts, work instructions and maintenance instructions. Must be self-motivated, organized, detail/quality minded.
Positive attitude, good team player with the ability to interact effectively with clients and co-workers. Good written and verbal communication skills. Reliable attendance with a commitment to working 45 hours a week.
- Competitive Wages based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability, HSA.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities to grow – We love to promote within and have excellent training available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact – The job you do will be giving back to the communities where you work and live.
Apply today at page1printers.com/careers to find out more about this exciting opportunity at Page 1 Printers!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)