Web Press Helper
Job Title: Web Press Helper
Reports To: Press Manager
Shift: Day and Night Shift, Full Time & Part Time positions available
Contact: Call: 507-836-6540 or Email: email@example.com
Assists Press Operator in running non-heat set press.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in verifying paper size and stock, color of ink, type of job, and shipping instructions from job ticket.
- Cleans inking rollers and blankets with press wash and changes them as necessary.
- Keeps work area clean and neat.
- Assists in packing blanket cylinder with packing paper as needed.
- Bends plates and locks them into place on the plate cylinder.
- Relaying information to Lead and Second Press Operators about the imperfections with each job as its running.
- Assist Lead and /or Second Press Operators with setting up folders.
- Assists in adjusting press controls, inking fountains, automatic feeders, repacking cylinder with overlay to equalize off-level areas as required.
- Watch webs closely when inching and running.
- Assists in making sure folds are even and straight and tick marks are lined up throughout the run in all books.
- Make sure webs are straight throughout all runs.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to see color
- Ability to physically move at a fast pace and up and down stairs
- Ability to be able to work flexible hours
- Drug Testing Required: Yes
- Special License/Certification Required: Not required
- Experience helpful, but will train
Refer to Web Press Helper position when applying.
- Competitive Wages based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability, HSA.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities to grow – We love to promote within and have excellent training available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact – The job you do will be giving back to the communities where you work and live.
Apply today at page1printers.com/careers to find out more about this exciting opportunity at Page 1 Printers!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)