Web Press Operator
Job Title: Web Press Operator
Reports To: Press Manager
Shift: Full Time – Monday to Friday
Contact: Call: 507-836-6540 or Email: email@example.com
Experienced press operator for six unit DGM web offset press running multiple units with high quality and minimal waste. Will supervise and occasional train others of the two to three press helpers while maintaining the presses and related equipment. A Press Operator repairs, runs and operates a printing press and is in charge of the entire production of printed materials from start to finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review job orders to fully understand the job to make the right adjustments to the press and related equipment and coordinating with the helpers.
- Install parts and supplies such as paper rolls, plates, ink for optimal operation of the press and periphery equipment.
- Handling all phases of the production so the printed materials meeting job specifications and post press schedules.
- Perform with the helpers, that job requires training, all maintenance and repair tasks required on the press and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues to identify and fix potential repairs before press is inoperative.
- Clean and maintain the press, press area, paper stock, ink supplies, fountain operations and all related functions.
- The lead press operator is an essential team member by their leadership for smooth running of work that leads to satisfaction through other post-press processes and ultimately the customer.
- For excellence in the position must have in-depth understanding all all the printing technologies and equipment used in the process.
- Excellent physical strength and stamina as needed.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to details, both in reading work orders and complying with all instructions for job excellence for total customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for all members of the press team to follow set policies, guidelines and safety regulations when handling press equipment.
Refer to Web Press Operator position when applying.
- A minimum of several years of work on a press and related equipment is required.
- Have a recored of producing hight-quality printed materials on schedule.
- Should be comfortable with long shifts with some physically exerting tasks.
- It is critical being experienced in installing different parts of the press and adjusting for desired results.
- Has demonstrated history of working as team member with the ability to collaborate with others in the printing environment.
- Able to train and supervise the staff, while providing guidance on how to solve problems.
- Applicant must have the understanding and dexterity to repair and maintain the press.
- Competitive Wages based on your experience
- Excellent benefits including – Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, disability, HSA.
- Progressive Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Opportunities to grow – We love to promote within and have excellent training available to prepare you on-the-job and for your future with us.
- Make an impact – The job you do will be giving back to the communities where you work and live.
Apply today at page1printers.com/careers to find out more about this exciting opportunity at Page 1 Printers!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)